The strengths and benefits of reality therapy lie in its focus on solution-building particularly on changing thoughts and actions.
- Provides the individual with a self-help tool to gain more effective control over their lives and their relationships
- Help boost confidence and self-esteem
- Enable to better cope with adversity and personal growth
- Help treat mental health problems such as eating disorders, substance abuse, phobias,anxiety, and other behavioral and emotional issues
- Useful in treating highly sensitive problems such as racial issues, sexual identity issues,and cultural clashes
- Helps individuals to recognize how their behavior is negative and promoting equality
Reality therapy provides an empathetic and understanding environment for individuals to open up without feeling shame, regret, or embarrassment. This makes it especially valuable for big groups as everyone can express their needs and desires in order to lay the foundation for a plan of action that will help foster closer bonds, better understanding and improved conflict resolution.